San Felice Il Grigio Riserva, Chianti Classico DOCG (Magnum) - Boutinot
X

San Felice Il Grigio Riserva, Chianti Classico DOCG (Magnum) 2020

ISF907

Agricola San Felice

A classic style of Chianti Riserva which sets the standard for San Felice's estate wines - seemlessly combining plush generous fruit with a traditional style and structure - here bottled in magnum.

Meet the producer

An outstanding Tuscan winery that has pioneered key developments in the Chianti Classico region for the last 40 years.

Based...

LEARN MORE

Production

Il Grigio is made from a selection of the best Sangiovese grapes from the Chianti Classico vineyards on the Agricola San Felice Estates in Castelnuovo Berardenga, Siena. The vineyards are at altitudes of 350/400 metres above sea level and the soil is mostly limestone and loam. The must is fermented on the skins for 18-20 days at 28-30 degrees C. This is followed by malolactic fermentation in stainless steel. 80% of the wine is matured in Slavonian oak botte (60/90 Hl) for 18-24 months, while the remaining 20% is aged in French oak barriques. The wine then spends 6 months in bottle.

Tasting notes

A nose of redcurrants and blackberries with savoury tobacco notes. The textured palate has dense rich fruit with layers of black cherry, bramble and spice. A fine and complex red with juicy acidity balancing supple tannins, and well-integrated oak giving a long and savoury finish.

Food match

Excellent with grilled lamb, or roast duck or goose.

Latest News SEE MORE NEWS